Monday, September 19, 2011

Baby Fever

So, as you are aware, or maybe not. We do have a beautiful baby girl named Chloe. She is 13 months old and was born on August 20, 2010. She's the best thing that's ever happened to us and I love her more then life itself. But of course being that she is 13 months old, she is a handful. As all babies that age are, I would assume. LOL! But because these first few blogs are my very first ever, I guess I should tell ya'll how Chloe came about.
So I got Baby Fever QUITE awhile ago....EVERYBODY at my work was getting pregnant, and I wanted it. I wanted that nice big round belly...I wanted to feel my own baby kick me in the ribs and make me have to pee every 10 minutes. I wanted it for myself, but at that time Andy wasn't ready....and well...it kind of takes 2 to tango. So I waited, and waited and waited....and finally came the day. Andy asked me if I still wanted to have a baby. (Well, Duh!) So we kind of sat down and talked about it. How would we handle it, and the bills and the expenses and all that. Well, we decided to get Aflac. Which was the BEST thing we ever decided to do. For $57 a month, I didn't have to pay ANYTHING out of pocket for labor and delivery. It was AH-Mazing!!!
So, anyways, I stop taking the pill, and we get to working on this thing they call baby making. We worked and we worked, and we worked for what seemed like FOREVER. Every month I would get so excited that whether or not my period was late, I was taking a pregnancy test. I just wanted to know. Well...every month for 3 months it came back negative.
Finally, I started to feel really weird. Odd things were happening. I won't go into too much detail, but the normal boobs getting bigger and soar and tender and all that good stuff. This time, I think I KNEW that I was pregnant. So I actually waited until I was 5 days late to take the test that time. But being that it came back negative the past 3 months, I was still a little scared that it might this time too. So I peed in the little cup, used the dropper to suck it up and drop it on the little thingy and then I jumped in the shower. I couldn't stand to just stand there and wait..LOL! I'm impatient. So After what seemed like an eternity, I got out of the shower, and took a good look at the test, and Andy must have been just as impatiently waiting as I was. He was still in bed, and yelled to me, "So???" So, I yelled back to him, "Um, I think it's a yes!!" It was for sure a yes!! And I couldn't have been more happy!!!!
So, that's the story of us GETTING pregnant. Stay tuned for the Story of how the pregnancy went and how little Chloe was brought into this world

1 comment :

Mallyycatt said...

aweee cute!!

i'm glad that you shared this. :)