Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chloe's Big Girl Room

My plan for this room is to make it similar to her room now. She's going to continue to sleep in her crib until we are ready to switch her. Not sure when that is going to be. But I'm not ready yet. It might be sooner then later though, cuz she's moving to Toddler room 4 on April 30th. So....May is going to be all about potty training. I sorta kinda have a feeling she might get it really quickly. She's been a really good baby with changes! From Bottles to rocking to sleep to binky's. Everything has been really easy for her. So, I don't think this is going to be any different. But I could be wrong. But, as soon as she's trained during the day, then she's getting a toddler bed. That's that. And then we will just wait for that week with dry diapers in the morning....
This post isn't about her being potty trained. Sorry about that. 
What I REALLY wanted to talk about was how I'm going to decorate her big girl room when we move to the new house. LOL!!! So, here's that.
I really want to do the walls the same as they are now. Minus the green. What I'm thinking, actually is doing white walls with a pink ceiling. Have any of you seen this done? I recently seen a commercial, and it looked AWESOME!! I think with the white walls and pink ceiling, that would allow us to be able to do the green/zebra print accents. The green won't be a lot. Right now all we have is a collage frame on the wall and some cubbies and a lamp shade with pink and green circles. So, to get a zebra rug, zebra curtains and a few other things, I think that would be perfect! I found a picture of what I am going for.

This is a pretty good idea, but obviously instead of the black and white stripes and dots, it would be zebra. What do you think??
As for decor, like I said, we have the green collage frame. I also have these that I'm going to put up
I actually got these from Etsy a long time ago, but I didn't want to put them up cuz I knew that we would be moving eventually.
And then I want to do her name on the wall....and these are what I found. But I can't decide which one I like better....can you help me?


Next would be the growth chart. This I'm thinking of putting it behind the door...but I still want it to be cute. So, what do you think?



And this will also be in there. I will probably put it on a canvas and hang it above the changing table or something.


And then maybe the for the door?




So, Ladies.....what do you think?? I really need your help on this one.
Thanks!!

Photobucket

1 comment :

Shannon Dew said...

LOVE love love that first pic! So so cute!!!