Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Best things about being a Mommy

It was December 4th 2009 when our world turned upside down. In a good way. That was the day we found out that we were pregnant. We had been trying for 3 months, and at that point I thought it would never happen for us. I know that 3 months isn't a long time AT ALL, and I know that a lot of people never get that and sometimes it could take year. But, 3 months seemed like an eternity for us. So, on that faithful day, when I finally got those 2 pink lines, I was sooooooo happy! It was the best day of my life. And then August 20th 2009 we welcomed our little bundle of joy into this world. It was seriously the best, most memorable day of our life. She immediately became the love of our life and we couldn't imagine life without her.
Being a Mom is the most rewarding jobs anybody could ever have. It's not a job that you have to interview for, it isn't a job that you can prepare yourself for. It just happens, and you just do it. You learn as you go, you learn from your mistakes and you grow from them. When we got pregnant, we had no idea what to expect. And then the Dr's told us that we could take this little human home with us?! What were they thinking?! Did they know what they were doing? Did WE know what we were doing?! Well...I guess we did something right, because now, almost 2.5 years later, here we are! We have the best girl anybody could ask for! She's so smart and so sassy and she is a girl who knows JUST what she wants. She's independent, but at the same time, she is such a Daddy's girl.
Some of the things that I love best about being a mom:

  • When I wake her up in the morning and pick her up out of bed, she wraps her arms around my neck and just holds me and snuggles her head right under my chin....just precious!
  • When she wants you to pick her up she stands right under my feet, puts her hands up and said "I hold you!"
  • When you ask her what she wants to eat, no matter what meal it is, she wants pancakes.....
  • For breakfast during the week, she always wants "cereal, WITH milk!"
  • Every night, we do bath and jammies, and go downstairs for some milk and 1 episode of "bickey" (MMCH) and when they start the hot dog dance, she turns to me and said "utstairs, Mama" she knows it's time for bed, and she's ready!
  • She is so independent, and she has to pick her shoes every morning! And she puts them on by herself, most of the time! She loves it!
  • She loves our cat. Her and Shadow have becomes pretty good buddies. She likes her to sit on her lap and pet her.
  • She's so stinkin smart, I just can't take it. She can count to 20, she knows her ABC's pretty well and she just blows my mind every single day.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to add another baby to our life, some day. But, not right now. We are so content with Chloe. We love watching her grow and learn and become a little lady! She's just amazing in every single way, and we couldn't be more in love with her.


Photobucket

3 comments :

KellyAnne Scott said...

We are trying for our second right now and I totally understand the 3 months feeling like forever... We have been trying 3 months and I am ready to give up. It's such an emotional toll each month! It's exhausting really.

Unknown said...

My son tells me every day at daycare he had "roni and cheese" (macaroni and cheese) and whenever I asked him what he wants to eat, no matter the meal time his replies is "o's and milk".
Kids are hysterical!

mmjiaxin said...

nike free 5
coach outlet store
louis vuitton,borse louis vuitton,louis vuitton sito ufficiale,louis vuitton outlet
chanel handbags outlet
ugg outlet
lululemon pants
ralph lauren outlet
los angeles clippers
cheap ugg boots
black friday deals
ralph lauren outlet
ray ban outlet
nike air max uk
karen millen uk
cheap nfl jersey
nike trainers
coach outlet store
chanel outlet
uggs outlet
miami dolphins
mm1104