Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My packing Style

I'm not sure if it's just me, but when it comes to packing, I'm just a little bit OCD....well, maybe a lot. I make lists, and more lists, and I drive myself pretty much crazy until I know that everything is absolutely crossed off....these are some of the lists that I've made so far.


The one on the left is the grocery list of things we will need for the ride down to Florida. Snacks and such. And the one on the right is the clothes and toiletries items that we will need. Chloe is pretty much already packed. Except for her bath and toiletries stuff.


Now when packing Chloe's things, I had to put the clothes in the luggage according to outfit. And I've been thinking since I did it, I might actually redo it and put all the different outfits in separate bags. According to day. I don't know. We shall see.....
This weekend will be the big packing and cleaning time for us. I'll get all my clothes packed and try and set out my clothes for the week for work so that I'm not rummaging through and make a mess. (Yes, I know, I'm crazy.) I did mine according to outfit as I did Chloe's, and when I was watching Andy pack his stuff, I was just cringing....ugh. Men!
I'm one of those people that have to have a bag for EVERYTHING! I have a bag with all the toiletries. A bag with my hair stuff, a bag for shoes. We have a separate bag with everything for both hotel stays. 
(blue Ikea bag)
My clothes are in the red luggage and Andy and I toiletries are in the black bag.

Chloe's clothes in the luggage on the bench and Andy's standing up.
All the beach stuff has a bag of it's own complete with sunscreen and all. But the bathing suits are in the luggage...weird? We also have a paper grocery bag stocked full of snacks....and then a couple of coolers and insulated lunch bags for sandwiches and other things that need to stay cold.
 This all may sound crazy to you, but to me, it's organized, and you could ask me where ANYTHING is and I'd be able to tell you EXACTLY where it is! Trust me!

Are you as crazy as me when it comes to packing? What are some of your secrets? Please share, cuz I might steal some!



Crystal



2 comments :

Shannon Dew said...

The good thing about going on vacation in the winter is you can pretty much pack everything b/c you know you aren't going to wear it!

Melissa said...

Ha ha... I pack Jason's bag, because I don't think I could handle it if he packed his own! You and I have very similar packing styles. I pack according to outfit, and have a separate bag for pretty much everything. I also make lists like a crazy woman. You are not alone! ;)