Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Birthday #2

Being that Chloe is going to turn 2 in just 5 short months, I need to start thinking...and FAST! Her first birthday snuck up on me, and we literally just kind of threw it together. I want her 2nd birthday to look and feel like I've been planning it since she was 12 months and 1 day old!
I want there to be yummy food and yummy desserts, and most of all yummy drinks!
I need some major ideas as far as themes go. I'm not sure if I want to do Princess, or Sesame Street....or just throw some cute colors together and decorate accordingly. I really need to start doing some research.
When it comes to research, Pinterest has been my best friend. When I have to time to browse it. I've been able to find some cute things. But I'm not sure which way I really want to go. Chloe LOVES Elmo....LOVES! So I was kind of thinking of doing a Sesame Street theme...but that's not really girly enough for me. For her first birthday we did pink and zebra theme. But like I said above, we literally just threw it together. We didn't really plan any of it. So this year, it has to be different. I want it to be amazing. And most of all, I really want to be moved into and comfortable in our new house by then too. That will make things MUCH easier to deal with. We will have a much bigger house to have our family and friends over. And a much bigger space to be able to decorate how I want. And a much bigger more spacious space to have the food and drinks that I am imagining in my head. 
You know how like when you have a vision in your head, and that's all you can think of? And then when you start to pull things together, it's not perfect until your vision completely comes out and is pulled together? Yea, that's how I'm feeling about this. It's like, I am envisioning how I want to decorate a house that we're not even living in yet. It's crazy! But I can see everything in my head. 
I know that I want to do streamers. I know that I want to hang balloons from the ceiling. I know that I want to have a Happy Birthday banner. And then obviously, if we have some sort of Theme....whether is be Sesame Street or Princess or something, we will have the plates and even the matching cake. So....we shall see what I can come up with.
If you have any ideas, I am open to ideas!! And I will post blogs with ideas as I come across them. 
Thanks for the help ladies!

Photobucket

1 comment :

Shannon Dew said...

As it stands right now, we are doing Minnie & Mickey. Girl is crazy for them! It's the first thing she does when she wakes up & last thing she does before bed! Crazy! I've seen some really cute seasame street bdays! I'll email you :)