Thursday, March 15, 2012

Feeding my Toddler



Every once in awhile, Chloe goes through this stage where she just doesn't want to eat very much. Makes this mamma CRAY CRAY! I know that she is getting enough to eat. I know that she isn't starving. She LOVES breakfast food. She gobbles up everything in her sight in the morning. Anything from Waffles, pancakes, mandarin oranges, peaches and pears and bananas. She LOVES LOVES LOVES it! One thing I tried awhile back, (like before she was 1) was oatmeal, and she did NOT like it. She does this thing when she doesn't like something. She tried it, and then scrunches her nose and sticks her tongue right out and just lets whatever it is fall off her tongue. It's quite funny, but very frustrating at the same time. And that's what she did with the oatmeal. But I have the urge to try it again...in hopes that she will LOVE it this time. So we shall see how that goes. That's going on the grocery list for this weekend.
What kills me is that according to our Day Care, Chloe eats like a freakin champ! I just don't get it. I try to give her the same things at home, but she just won't go for them. On Chicken Nugget day, they usually say that she takes seconds. But at home, it's a hit or miss if she even eats 1! What gives?! Is it maybe because she has then once a week at day care, so she just wants something different? Maybe...I don't know. She attends a Catholic Day Care, so they get fish every Friday. So sometimes I feel bad giving that to get on the weekends. When I do, it's a crap shoot with that too. Sometimes she loves it, sometimes she hates it. It's weird.
One thing that is never a fail is any kind of fruit or veggie. Girl LOVES her some strawberries, kiwi, banana, broccoli, carrots, peas, green beans, corn. She loves it all! But I know that she needs more then just those things in her diet. And I can't always rely on that stuff. 
I think Husband and I are going to try pb&j for the first time this weekend to see how she likes it. We've gotten so many different things from everybody on whether or not to give it before the age of 2. Our Ped says absolutely not until 2. But others say, as long as she hasn't shown any other allergy to other foods, then she's good to go. Chloe's been good as far as all the other food allergies. So, I think we're gonna go for it. We don't see the ped again until 21 months. And if she asks about it, obviously, we will tell the truth and say that she's been fine with it. 
When she was a lot younger. Like less then 12 months, we gave her fish, and they freaked out, but she did fine with it, and loved it the second she tasted it. So booya to that! LOL!
So, ladies, here is where you come in. I need your help! What are some go to foods that you use for your toddlers? Quick meal ideas? Things that your tots go gaga over?! I need as many ideas as I can get. I'm at a loss. 
Thanks girls! I really appreciate your help with this! 

Photobucket

No comments :