Thursday, March 22, 2012

Still in Love


With our new house, that is. We saw it yesterday for the first time since we put the offer in. And yep....I still love it. We actually went into a different house that came back on the market before we went in the one we have the offer in on. It was OK....but I didn't love it. And neither did Husband. Then we went to our new house, and we felt just the same as the first time we saw it...and even loved it a little more. The house is almost completely empty. The homeowners have cleaned it out and took everything. They are almost all moved out. So that was good to see it empty so that we could get some ideas as to what we would want to do with it. I am pretty sure I have chosen which room I want to make Chloe's. There are 2 rooms that are almost the exact same size. One is just a little different because of the way the door is. And I think that's the one that I want to make into Chloe's big girl room....and I am pretty sure I have decided on how I want to decorate. I'm thinking pink/white walls. And Zebra bedding/accents. What do you think?
As for the Master, the closet isn't as big of a walk-in as I would like to have. But it's bigger then what we have now. And both of our clothes will fit into one room. So that's going to be great! Right now I have the closet in our bedroom. (and I can't fit all of my clothes in it) And Husband uses half of Chloe's closet and some pants in the breezeway and his work clothes in our hallway closet which also houses both of our "dressy clothes". The way the closet is in the new house is actually quite nice. It's kind of like a little hallway to the master bath. One side of the hallway is the walk-in part, and the other side is shelf space. So we will share both sides. The walk in will be for what we will hang up. He will take one side and I'll take the other, and we can also fit a tall dresser in there for undies, socks and the such. And then the shelf space will be for jeans, sweatshirts and whatever else we can fold up to store. I think the one thing I can't wait for is to be able to store shoes in the closet. Instead of having a hanging shoe tree on the back of the door in the kitchen that is in our breezeway right now. Ugh, sooooo annoying! So, that's going to be nice!
Chloe's room also has a nice big french door style closet. And it's so big that I'll be able to put her little cubby thing IN it. And that will leave room for more TOYS!!! Yay!!! And since all the bedrooms are upstairs, that means that toys won't be strewn all over the living room. I mean, obviously there will be toys down there, but not half as bad as it is now. Cannot wait for that! 
And then the basement is half finished. The walls are all done, and half of it is carpeted. So we will just need to finish the carpeting. We're going to make half of it a play area for Chloe, and then the other half a work out/TV/game room. That's going to be fun. We will probably put some of Husband's framed sports pictures down there as well as in the library (room off the foyer that we will turn into the study).
Well, girls....that's about it. Other then the rooms I've talked about, we have the dining room, kitchen, family room (with fireplace) and 2 other bedrooms upstairs that we will need to decorate. I can't wait until we get to go back in it so that I can take some pics to post for you to see. The house is a mess right now. There is nothing in it, but the carpet is trashed and it needs a deep top to bottom clean. We will worry about all the when we close.
I can't wait to get started!!!

Photobucket

2 comments :

Shannon Dew said...

So excited for you!!! I cannot wait to see it!

Melissa said...

PICTURES!