Friday, January 13, 2012

Skin Problems

This is something that I've never talked about on my blog. But it's something that happened to me and that I look back on and say Eww!!! Something that I never want to have to say that I stuggle with ever again. Adult Acne...eeek! Not good. I've always been the type that broke out during my period and it usually just went away within a few days. But I had the biggest problem when I was pregnant. Immediately, I kind of knew that I was having a girl because of the old wives tale. Bad Acne=girl because she takes all of your beauty away from you to become beautiful herself. Well, good lord did that become true for me. I was a hot mess my whole pregnancy, and as we all know, Chloe is just a stunning little girl. And has been since the day she was born. 
So, after I gave birth, and was done breastfeeding, I decided that pizza face was no longer a good look for me. It was annoying, wouldn't go away, and just wouldn't heal. No matter what make up I used, no matter how often I washed my face, or with what face wash I used. Just would NOT go away. I went to the dermatologist and said "HELP ME PLEASE"!!! She prescribed me Epiduo. I had heard of this "wonder drug" before, and I was skeptical, but very interested to try it. This stuff is SUPER expensive unless you have insurance. Without, it's upwards of $200 for just a small little tube. With insurance it's about $50 ish, but my derm gave me a little card that insured I got it for no more then $30!! Whoo Hoooo!!!! I'll take it! AND at my 8 week checkup, she gave me another card for a free tube!! So, I'm set for awhile! At this point, I'm not even done with my first tube. This stuff goes a long way! Only about a pea size amount is all you need for a nightly application! I love it!


This pic was taking WAY before I started...and it's black and white to make it look like the acne is just..well...not acne. But it didn't work that well. LOL
So, I think it was back in maybe April ish that I started to use this stuff. And let me tell you, my first day picture was HIDEOUS!!! See for yourself.

And then here is day 7
(this might be my favorite pic just because you can see my bright hazel eyes sooo good!)
I love that it seriously started working like IMMEDIATELY!!!

And here are some pics taken just this past Tuesday night. I didn't take any other pics...Idk why, I just forgot. But as you can see. It's 100 gone!! 
LOVE MY FACE NOW!
(picture taken right after I washed my face...please excuse the retarded look that I have. My eye looks like it's half shut. IDK what happened there)



So, there you have it. I'm proof that Epiduo works!! So if you are like me and have very problem skin. Try it! I promise you, you won't be sorry!!

Photobucket

1 comment :

Shannon Dew said...

OMG I remember you telling me about that stuff but then I thought you just stopped using it b/c I never heard anything more! WOW it worked like magic! You look GREAT! YAY!