Friday, January 6, 2012

What happened to my bath time loving Toddler?!

Well, as you all know, Chloe hasn't been in the best health the past week and a half or so. But she IS feeling better now. She's finally off her antibiotics now. Today was her last day. And her rash from her allergic reaction is gone now. So she doesn't look like a diseased toddler anymore. So that's good! She does still have a pretty good cough going, and her nose is still stuffy and runny. But that will pass, I'm sure. 
But now we have some other issues that we're trying to get past. And I'm not sure exactly where this came from. Tuesday was the begging of this weird thing where she all of a sudden HATES her bath. Like, totally freaks out, hates, seems like we're killing her, dislikes! Tuesday she just cried the whole time. Wednesday more crying and a little bit of trying to get out of the tub....and then last night. Oh boy...it took Husband and I both to hold her down to be able to wash her...it was bad. She was screaming bloody freakin murder. Would NOT sit down....I was totally besides myself. So we rinsed her off, took her out and sat her on the ground  in her bedroom like I always do to lotion her up and get her in jammies. But she was just crying the whole time. She didn't calm down until I gave her her lovey and binky. I'm like, really?! She LOVES this time. She usually jumps at the word bath and runs to her room and stand at her changing table to get undressed....and she always walks her little nakie butt to the bathtub and puts her hands up for us to pick her up to put her in the tub...but the past few nights when we ask "are you ready for a bath" she shakes her head no...like REALLY??? When did my 16 month old toddler start having an opinion on taking a bath?! This has GOT to stop. This is my favorite part of the night time rituals. I love playing with her while she's in the tub. Washing her hair, squirting her little water toys...she loves putting her letters and numbers on the walls...like, seriously, she would play for like 15-20 minutes. She'd be wrinkly before she was ready to get out. And then even at that time she would try to get away from me when I got the towel to take her out. 
So, here's my solution. And I'm really hoping for a successful bath time tonight. Husband suggested it, and so did my good friend Cassie, who has twin girls. I'm going to get in the bathtub with her....and see if we can come to a happy medium. But, I'm telling you. If I get wet, just to have a screaming toddler climbing all over me, I won't be a happy camper. I just hope that this is a phase that toddlers go through and that it passes. 
It made me feel a little better when I tweeted about it last night and Shannon Dew tweeted back saying that Kendall has been doing the same thing. So maybe it IS just a phase that toddlers this age go through? And then my friend Cassie tweeted back saying that one of her twins did the same thing when she was Chloe's age. So...I'm a bit more optimistic about this now. Seems that Chloe isn't the only one, and that it's just a phase that will pass. So, lets hope it is, and it does and that we will be back to a normal bath time loving toddler in no time.
Wish me Luck loves!


Photobucket

2 comments :

Shannon Dew said...

If she only did it once I'd say it's just a fluke. And, I tried to bath w/KP once and it was the worst idea ever, so hard!

Amanda T said...

Hmm.. Thats crazy that she just changed her opinion about baths all of the sudden & for that many days in a row. :/ My girls love baths so I have no advice. Hope bathing with her helps some. Good luck!