Thursday, October 13, 2011

This Girl That I Know

When I was young, my Mom spent her days (and some nights) babysitting. That's how she made her money. It was mostly for kids of family members, or neighbor hood kids that knew about her. I still remember most all of the kids that came in and out of our house. There was a LOT!! But these 2 little girls, these girls remain forever in my heart, and in my life now! And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Mallory and her little sister Haley. They were my faves of the bunch. Mallory was probably about 2-3 and Haley was just a newborn when they came into the Leap residents the first time. They are Jennifer's (my sister from another Mother) Nieces, and some pretty amazing girls.
They had a pretty hard life. In and out of our house, moving around, moving schools...my Mom helped them out a lot. As they didn't have a great life at home. But that's not my info to share, so...anyways.
We got older, they my Mom quit her little babysitting job, and we kind of lost contact. We saw each other once every so often. Birthday parties and what not. Mallory and I reconnected when I got pregnant. We started getting pretty close, and my work got really busy. So I told her to apply for a job. After time and time again, they FINALLY called her back. And, well...she got the job! THANK GOD! I needed someone at work that I could get a long with and actually enjoy going to work to see. Since then, my work life has been amazing! This girl ROCKS my SOCKS!! We are so alike, but at the same time so different. She makes me laugh, and cry and snort all at the same time! It's amazing! We take lunch together EVERYDAY! And I wouldn't have it any other way. There are times when we just talk about the old times and just get so caught up in the moment that we don't even realize what time it is. Seriously, it's amazing. I love having someone that close to me, that knows me so well, that's been there since the very beginning. It's like, well...like having my sister with me at work...it's something fierce! Since she's started working with me she's been through quite a bit. Health issues, boyfriends, friends....and I've been there through it all. I love that I see her everyday, she's kind of like my rock when I'm away from home. She listens to me, I listen to her, it's a great kind of relationship that we have!!
It's crazy to think that I've known this girl since she was like 3 years old...and Almost a year ago I went to her 21st birthday party! WoW! Did that make ME feel old!!
It's all good though!! I love her like my little sister!!
So there you have it. That's a little story about this girl that I know. Her name is Mallory, and I call her my little sister! She's a rock star!!

1 comment :

Mallyycatt said...

I just have to say that I learned about being a rockstar through you! :D

I love you! This completely made my day !!

We're going to hug it out at lunch. I love you!