Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Period and IUD talk

After I gave birth to Chloe, I decided that I didn't want to go back on the pill. I actually came to the decision WELL BEFORE I gave birth. Just the thought of having to remember to take the damn thing everyday, and the worry of missing a pill, and the stress of it all, that just isn't my style anymore. I don't want to deal with it. So I told my Dr that I wanted to get the IUD when I went in for my 6 week appointment. So we scheduled it. It took awhile to get it because the way my Dr office worked was they had to have a certain amount of patients wanting it before they would place the order for the IUD's. So I waited and waited. Finally RIGHT before the new year (thank God for insurance purposes!) I finally got the call and was able to set up the appointment!
So I went in and had the procedure done. I took the entire day off work, as did Andy....and we took Chloe to day care. Took a day for ourselves. We went to lunch, and went shopping too.
Now, the doctor told me that I was going to have pain and discomfort for the first few weeks while my body got used to it being in there. Fine, I'm ok with that. I'm used to the cramps and what not. I've never had GOOD periods. So I was ok with that.
As time has gone by, I've almost had this thing for a year now, and my periods have been ok. As far as bleeding goes. It's been less and less and all that. But the cramps. OH EM GEE!!! They are seriously like having a tiny contraction. Like not even kidding you! It's been BAD!!!! I take tylenol, and it helps. But seriously, they are really bad without drugs. I'm not complaining though. A life without having to take a pill, and not having to worry about getting pregnant until I'm ready. That's the kind of life I like to live!!

1 comment :

StephaE said...

I'm thinking about an iud after my next baby. I can't take it though if my period gets worse......it is already miserable! Yuck! Thanks for stopping by! I'm going to start following your blog! Too many similarities not too! :)