Thursday, February 2, 2012

Me and my makeup

I've never been the type of girl to spend loads of money on my makeup. I've always just gone to Target and got my normal Neutrogena Skin Clearing foundation, and whatever the cheapest bronzer, Maybelline eye liner...ya know. Just the general, normal everyday stuff. But just recently, I was down to my last few drops of foundation. The past couple of months I've been debating on whether or not I wanted to continue in my $13/every 4 months or so, or $35/for a lot longer then 4 months. A lot of people that I know that use MAC products swear by them. I just recently splurged on MAC eye primer, and I tell you, the stuff is magic!!! I couldn't ask for a better primer! I have very oily skin, and it's tough for my makeup to stay on past...oh...9am! It's redic, I tell you. But this primer seriously is like glue. It's amazing. So I thought, hmm...maybe the MAC foundation is just as good? So I made a trip to my local MAC counter and made the purchase. 
I am by no means a professional when it comes to make up application. But I tend to think that I do a pretty damn good job. I think it looks pretty when I do it all...but most days I just go to work with foundation, bronzer, eyeliner and mascara...I just don't have the time, or patience to make my eyes look all nice for work. Nor, do I really care. I would rather spend my time in the morning with my little girl before I send her to day care. So, here is me taking the time to do some makeup for you. I just want you to see how nicely my new MAC foundation makes my face look. It's freakin' AH-Mazing!! LOVE It!


(I didn't post a pic of my liner because it's so old that the name is rubbed off)

So, there you go...like I said, I'm not professional, but I think my face looks pretty damn good when all is said and done. One of these days I'll do another post when I do my night out makeup. Now that...is FUN to do! I love playing around with makeup!!!


Photobucket

6 comments :

Veronica and Daniel said...

Good Morning! I am your newest follower from the Mingle With Us blog hop :) Cant wait to click around your cute blog!

ErikaV said...

Hi! Ran across you on the Mingle blog hop as well. Have you ever subscribed to Birchbox? There is also Beauty Army, and that's brand new. I'm a huge lover of all things beauty and was a make-up artist for a while. Those two places are good ways to find new products! Anyway, come check me out at southernbelleasanarmywife.blogspot.com if you get a chance! Talk to you later :)

kaley said...

for some reason - your blog isn't being updated in my google reader :( anyway - i had no idea bedhead made beauty products! aaaand i am in some need of eye primer - i might try out the MAC!

Stephanie said...

Hi Crystal - stopping by from the hop.

Ahh, make up. We have a love-hate relationship. Some days I love it, some days I'm too busy and therefore I hate it. lol. But it's a neccessary evil. :)

I'm your newest follower - I hope you can stop by Gumdrop Pass soon to say hello!

Have a happy Thursday! <3

Kristi McInerney said...

I'm your newest follower from the blog hop!

Keeping up with Kristi

Melissa said...

If your eyeliner is so old that the name is rubbed off, it's probably time that you get yourself some new liner, Missy! I usually just use black eyeshadow and a liner brush, but MAC liner is also pretty awesome. ;)