Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our Love Story

Becky over at From Mrs. to Mama is doing the cutest link up for Valentines Day...and of course I just have to get in on the fun. 
It's all about love!! So, here is my love story!
Oh, and Happy Valentines Day!!


1. How long have you and your significant other been together? We have been together for 6 years. Married for 4.5 years.
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} We met up north while I was at my parents cottage. His best friend was ironically by cousin by marriage. And he had come up for the weekend.
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell} Married for 4.5 years. July 7, 2007!!
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small? We got married on the beach up by my parents cottage. Ceremony on the beach. And we rented a huge tent for the reception and just set it up on the grass! It was a hell of a party!
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share! For the most part we call each other Babe.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. There are so many things. He listens to me. He understands me, and he accepts me for who I am and what I came from. We can laugh at each other. He's seen me at my very lowest and worst and he still loves me. That's more than I could have ever asked for!
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal? We went down to Florida for my 19th birthday. He waited until a little after midnight on my birthday. We went to lay in bed, and he started telling me how much he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. And he pulled out the ring and just flat out asked me. Not down on one knee...not some big party, nothing crazy or out of the ordinary. Just us being us. That's all. It was perfect!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals? He is usually just a flowers type of guy. Sometimes a little more. But for the most part, just flowers. Which is all I ever want.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? Well, if we lived near a nice beach where we could watch the sunset...I'd like that. But I'm totally just a relax at home dinner on the couch watching a movie!
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? Um...well. We've done quite a few things in the past 6 years. I can't complain. I think if anything though, I'd like to go to like Europe or something. I don't know. That's a tough question.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. To be quite honest. We don't have any plans as of yet. Not sure if he's going to have his Mom babysit for a bit while we go to dinner. But that would probably be about the extent of it.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? I haven't asked for anything. I like to be surprised.
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Trust. You have to be able to trust each other. And love no matter what. NO matter what happens, don't go to bed mad. 
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you. A blast from the past, but this is one of my favorite pics of us. This was taken on the boat up north. LOVE <3



Photobucket