Monday, July 23, 2012

Vacation Recap

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Except for the million hours that we spent in the car. That was the hardest part of it all! Chloe did SOOO good though! I was really surprised at how well she did with being in the car for like a total of 40 hours. It was nuts. I was going more crazy then she was. 
But that's besides the point.
So, We left Friday the 13th. We got to our hotel in Syracuse New York around 11:30pm Friday night. Got up had breakfast and back on the road by 10am Saturday morning for the rest of the drive. We got to the condo in Sprucehead, ME around 9am Saturday night. Let me tell you, I was never so happy to get out of the car...it was just crazy! Felt like we were never going to get there.
Sunday's plan was to just kind of hang out and do nothing....but that didn't happen. We pretty much spent all day in downtown Rockland. Had lunch at the WORST possible place EVER! It was horrible!!!! Don't ever go to Rock Harbor if you are ever in Rockland, ME. I ordered Nachos, and they were literally microwaved nachos. Nasty! Husband ordered a Lobster Roll, and it came out on a piece of white wonder bread....NOT what he wanted. We ordered Chloe a turkey and cheese sandwich, and I'm not even kidding you, that tasted better then all our food. The only good thing we ate there was probably the veggie/hummus plate that Will and Cassie got as an appetizer. 
So after that we went to a little coffee shop/bakery place, and I got Chloe a oatmeal raisin cookie and myself a coffee. THAT was good! Chloe gobbled her cookie up. She loved it!
Monday, the boys went golfing in Rockland. And I spent the morning with Cassie and the girls AND my BBFF Stepha at the beach!! You can read about that here and here! We had SUCH a good time, and her little girl is just the sweetest thing EVER! I loved her so much!! She was full of hugs and just wanted to take Chloe's had and go go go the whole time they were together!
So then once we packed up and went our separate ways, Cassie and I and her girls went back to the house and made the kids lunch and I took nap with Chloe. Once the boys got back we just hung out a little, went for some walks with the girls and just chilled.
Tuesday we went back to downtown Rockland and had lunch at Clan Maclarens. That place was super yummy!! Super fresh and just much better then our first experience at Rock Harbor. Husband Lobster roll was just that! A fresh, lobster roll on a ROLL and not White Bread! I got a tomatoe/Mozz panini! It was delish! Chloe got a little turkey cheese veggie toddler platter. That was good too! Then after that, Cassie and I went to get our nails done. We went to Skyn Klinik! And it was just an amazing experience. Cassie got a gel manicure and I got a spa pedicure. So relaxing!
Wednesday we took the 2 hour drive up to Acadia National Park. We probably could have planned that a little bit better, but that's ok. We went and we've seen it. We went to the top of Cadillac Mountain....and Omg, let me tell you. That was an experience. I'm not a major fan of heights.....so that was a little bit of a struggle for me. But at least I can say that I did it. We wanted to go the beach there, but we couldn't find any parking. So we just left. After driving around downtown Bar Harbor for a while to try and find somewhere to eat, and not being able to find a parking spot, we just drove down the road a little bit and found a place on the side of the road. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, but it was really good!
Thursday we relaxed and just did a lot of cleaning, and then Friday we got up bright and early and left by 8:30am. Got to the hotel in New York around 5:30pm. Woke up and got back on the road by 9am the next morning...home by about 6:30 Saturday night.
Great Vacation with Great Friends! What more could you ask for?
Stay tuned tomorrow for a photo dump....I promise, it won't disappoint! 


Photobucket