Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Traditions

Got this from Dottie over at Crazy Little Thing Called Love

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate FOR SURE! I have tried and tried Egg Nog...Nope! Don't like it!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them. For sure! Always has, and always will.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White for sure! I think that they are just so sleek and pretty! Won't ever have colored. Neighbors have the blinking annoying ones, and I think it just looks tacky! 

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. 

5. When do you put your decorations up? This year it was actually ON Thankgiving. But normally it's the weekend after.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I would have to say Ham. For sure. I really don't like it much any other time of the year. 

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I do remember one year where my whole family went to my Grandmas house on Christmas Eve. Dinner, presents, and the whole 9. And Santa showed up. I was so excited to see him. I knew that I had been a very good girl that year! It was magical! 
Funny the things you are so sure of as a kid!! I hope to be able to keep the magical feeling of Christmas going for as long as possible. I know that my parents tried their hardest with me, and I believed for a very long time. And I just pray that I can do that for Chloe.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was about 10 or so. It was actually Thanksgiving Day. My Mom had been up since the wee hours of the morning preparing dinner and what not. The whole family came over to hang out, eat and watch football. After dinner, my Mom disappeared for a really long time. Everyone just telling me that she was really tired and went upstairs to take a nap. No sooner was there a knock on the door. And that "Ho Ho Ho" that I had been yearning for. So "Santa came in and sat down and we all sat on his (her) lap. I had a bad habit of not cleaning my room....and "Santa" knew this, and asked if he could see my room...at that point I started crying hysterically. I knew that if Santa saw my messy bedroom, that I probably wouldn't be getting any presents for Christmas. So after all that, and after Santa left, we all settled down and just hung out, and about a half hour later my Mom came back downstairs from her "nap" and we all told her that she missed Santa!!! She seemed so sad about this. But at that point, I kind of figured it out. 

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was little, we did. There was always 1 or 2 gifts from Mommy and Daddy. We would just watch Christmas movies and old Family videos. And then wake up really early on Christmas morning to open all the gifts from Santa. But now, we won't. Not with Chloe. We're going to make Christmas morning all about her!!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Usually it's white lights and lots of ornaments. But this year, it's just lights...with 1 ornament that Grandma bought for Chloe with her name on it. And the other is the ornament that Chloe made for us at Day Care! It's so cute!! 

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I like it, but not to drive in. I just like to look at it, watch it fall, and I just want to watch Chloe play in it this year. I didn't buy her a cute snow suit for nothing...LOL!

12. Can you ice skate? I used to....never very good, but yea. I haven't done it in years though...not sure I could these days.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? There were a lot of really great gifts. If I had to name one though, it would probably have to be my giga pet.....remember those things? I think I was probably like 12 or so. But those were the popular things at that time, and I loved it!

 14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with Family. That's what the holidays are all about!! And now that Chloe is coming to the age where she can enjoy ripping into the wrapping paper! I just cannot WAIT for Christmas morning!

 15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cookies, of course!! My Sister from another Mister, Jennifer, always makes some BOMB ass cookies and brings them for all the family to share! They are the SHIZIT!! 

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We really haven't made any traditions in the Seed household yet. Next year I REALLY want to do the Elf On The Shelf though...

17. What tops your tree? Right now it's a really ugly star...I don't like it, and I've hated it ever since we bought it. I'm hoping that next year, we'll be in a new house, with a new tree, new ornaments and a new tree topper!

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I love giving! I just love the look on the recipients face when they open it and realize it's exactly what they wanted....just melts my heart! But don't get me wrong, I love receiving too!! 

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Normal ones, yum! Other flavors, Not so much....

20. Favorite Christmas show? A Christmas Story 

21. Saddest Christmas Song? I don't know...are there sad ones?

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas"


Photobucket

1 comment :

Shannon Dew said...

have you tried egg nog w/a lil captain morgan?! yeah it's the best!