Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Secret Santa Day 1

Today was day 1 of our gift giving Secret Santa week at work. Usually we just did 1 big gift on Friday before Christmas. But this year, we decided to shake it up a little bit. We decided to do 4 small gifts Monday-Thursday, and then 1 bigger gift on Friday. Or, in my case, 3 smaller gifts and then 1 bigger on Thursday, since I won't be at work on Friday due to Day Care closing for the holiday. 
Anyways, So when I got to work today, the girl that I bought for wasn't there yet, so I quickly set her wrapped gifts on her desk, and then later learned that she wasn't going to be there...haha! So since she's only part time, she's going to be opening all her gifts on Wednesday. 
As the day went on, Stacy (girlfriend that sits behind me) and myself and DJ (my most amazing coach that sits next to me) were all talking about how it was so neat watching everyone sneak their gifts to their recipients and watching everyone open their gifts....but we (being Stacy and myself) hadn't received anything yet. Boooo to that! As my lunchtime quickly approached, I became more and more discouraged that maybe my Secret Santa was absent, or just plain forgot about me. But when I came back from lunch, I had a surprise waiting for me at my desk. It was a HUGE desk calender!! Whoever had me knows me pretty well. They must have heard me talking about it last week....my plan was to go buy one this weekend, but I never made it to Walmart for the one that I wanted. And, boy, am I glad that I didn't. Cuz this one is AWESOME! It's huge, and the sheets are super nice and thick and I'm actually able to use my Bic Markers to write on it and they don't bleed through! I was really excited about that!
So, I'm really excited to see what my Santa has in store for me tomorrow and the rest of my short week. Whoever it is, and if you read my little piece of the world wide web, I want to thank you for being a great Santa!! You either really know me, really well....or you are just a great listener! Either way, YOU rock my socks right off my feet! Thank You!!
Stay tuned tomorrow for my Tuesday gift! I can't wait, and I'm sure you can't either!


Photobucket

1 comment :

kaley said...

sweeeet! what else did you get?! i tagged you in my recent post, does that count as a gift? ;)
http://poagfamily.blogspot.com/2011/12/stolen-tag.html