Friday, December 2, 2011

Fantastic Friday

This week has truly been fantastic!! After a long weekend, Chloe having Hand Foot Mouth, being very cranky, and having a hard time going to sleep...out of know where. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday came and went. Chloe is pretty much a champ at going to sleep in her bed and not on me. I am so happy and proud of her for being so good with this! I thought for sure I was going to be doomed. I just wasn't ready to give up that cuddle time. But after last week, and her going ballistic when I tried to put her down, I knew that it was time. I had to get off the baby times, and comes to terms with the fact that she's a toddler, and she needs to learn to soothe herself to sleep...and soothe she does now! She really doesn't even need the soothing. Wednesday night there wasn't any crying AT ALL! She was super tired though. So, that was expected. But for real. She's the most amazing toddler I could have ever asked for!! She's even been sleeping better since we started this. Normally, before she would go down, but wake up crying every hour or so crying...cry for a few minutes and then just go back to sleep. And the past week, she hasn't done that! So, I think it's working out really well!!
Now, I'm going to take back all the things I just said about my toddler being amazing, and rant a little bit about her being totally and completely obsessed with her Daddy....
She's always been a Daddy's girl. Totally and completely. She would seriously die to be in her Daddy's arms. No matter what's happening. We could be playing, pooping, crying, sleeping, it doesn't matter....when she hears her Daddy walk into the room, it's all over. There is nothing else that she wants more then to be held by him. She scratched, headbutts, twists and turns just to get out of my grasp and to get to him. It's just a little obnoxious! But I guess that's how I was as a baby...so maybe she gets that from me? I didn't know that love for your Daddy was something that you could pass down. And the fact that she is so crazy about him, I didn't know that that was possible from a 15 month old Toddler. But it is, and it is all her! She's head over heals for her Daddy. And that's all there is to it.
So, now that we have her sleep trained. The next thing is going we're going to do is take away the bottle. Yes, I know, OMG! Your 15 month old still takes a bottle...whatever. Say what you will....Like I said before. I wasn't ready to give up that cuddle time. But now that we've done away with that, I'm ready. I really don't think it's going to be that bad. I thought that the sleep thing was going to be tough. But, it wasn't. So, I'm actually looking forward to taking away her baba. I think it's going to be easy peasy! After the baba, we will tackle the binky. Now THAT, That I AM worried about. I'm not sure how that's going to go. It does worry me. I have a feeling we're going to have a tired, cranky toddler for a few days. That's what she wants as soon as she knows that it's bed time. That and her lovey. Which, she can have for as long as she wants. That, I don't care about.
On a different note, I have Andy almost done for Christmas. I just have to go to one more store this weekend, and then he's DONE. As far as Chloe, we're only gotten her 1 thing so far. And I do want to get her just a few more. I know that Grandma and Grandpa's will her get lots of goodies, so just a couple of things from us will be good. I know that she won't remember what came from who, and she probably won't even care. But I just want a few things for her to open from Mommy and Daddy (Santa) on Christmas morning.
AND, last but not least! We went to see a house yesterday....took the In Laws! Wish us luck! This just might be the one. I won't put any details until we know for sure though. But what I can say is that Husband is talking about buying new bedroom furniture (yay!!!!!) And talking about how quick and easy the move will be! So, we're definitely motivated and ready for this house hunting to be over!!! So, wish us luck that the house we've found is the one!!! 
Photobucket

No comments :