Friday, November 11, 2011

Chloe's Stranger Fear

Cept, it's not with strangers....it's family. My Mom and Dad, Husbands Mom and Step Dad, My brother, and well...anybody else really that ISN'T us! I mean, I know that this is normal, but I don't like it. Because, well...it makes it a little hard for us to have a babysitter and go out WITHOUT our toddler. 
I can understand why she is like this with all of our family. We don't really see any of them as often as we should. We don't EVER see my Mom and Dad. As they live 2 hours away. So it takes planning and packing and driving to see them. So that happens like once every 2-3 months. And they didn't come to her 1st birthday, so the last time they saw her was in October, and before then, it was June. So that stranger fear is understandable. But we do try to see Husbands Mom and Step Dad at least every other weekend, if not every weekend....but she just isn't comfortable with them. She won't even let them hold her. Not even when we're in the room. So that makes me sad. And I can tell that his Mom is sad about it too. So she said that she's going to make an honest effort and come see Chloe every Wednesday, and try and make it a thing to come over more often on the weekend, or be able to babysit at their house more often. So I just hope that this works, and Chloe becomes more comfortable with them...in turn allowing us to have some Mommy and Daddy time OUT of the house!
Photobucket

3 comments :

wdn th said...

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
(u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

Amanda T said...

Awe, that is sad. I haven't been through that yet, but my nephew was the same way. He did grow out of it though, hes still shy.. but nothing like what he used to be. I'm sure its just a phase. I know its hard, all mommas need a night off once in a while. I hope your mother in law coming over on wednesday helps. maybe you could skype with your parents to help her get to know them better?

Crystal Seed said...

Amanda, Skype would be a great option...only, my parents don't have internet where they are. So that makes it tough. So we just have to TRY and get up to them whenever we can. But I WISH we could just skype. That would make it so much easier!