Monday, November 7, 2011

Christmas Time....Well, Almost

I know, I know...it's only the 7th of November, but I have seriously gotten into the spirit of the Holiday, ALREADY! I just can't wait for the Santa meeting for Chloe. I mean, yea...I know she's going to freak out and we will get that infamous picture of her screaming, red face, arms reaching out for Mamma or Daddy to save her from this strange man dressed in red with a big, bushy white beard...but isn't that the whole point?! Last year she was a whole 3 1/2 months old when we got her picture taken with Santa. And she had a slight cold too...so she had the cutest little red nose....see!! How stinkin' cute is that?!


But she didn't cry! She didn't even know what was going on. She willingly sat on Santa's lap, we got the picture and we were on our Merry way. The nice thing was we didn't  have to pay for the picture. Husbands work had a nice set up in their lobby. Santa, trees, lights and all! They had a photographer taking the pictures, but I actually took a better one with my own camera. And personally, I think my picture turned out better. But we didn't have to pay for the picture, so it was just fine by me! So, this year, I'm really hoping that Husbands work does it again. It was so nice!! And so much easier then having to deal with the hustle and bustle of the holiday crowds at the Mall. Which Husband does NOT like. I can't really say the same for myself. I'm into that....but sometimes it gets to be a little much. Specially with a Toddler. Oh well....Tis' the Season, right?
And another thing...shopping. I'm always stumped when it comes to what to get for the family. Husband is probably the hardest to shop for. What do you get somebody that doesn't ever give you ideas, and also had pretty much everything??? IDK! Do you?? So, this year, when I was asked what it was that I wanted, I simply said a laptop. I have wanted one for a long time. We have a desktop computer, but it's a different room then the family room, and I just don't like sitting in another room when we have the time to ourselves after Chloe goes down. That's our time to spend together. And I would rather be on a computer at least sitting next to him. So for now, I just use his work laptop. But that just gets annoying sometimes. When I have to put pictures on blog posts, I have to download them from facebook onto his desktop and then upload them to the post. UGH! Would be so much easier just to have my own laptop that I could have all our pictures on and be able to just have everything I need right there. SO.MUCH.BETTER. I told him that if he would get the laptop for me, that I would actually help pay for it. How nice of me, eh? So, I guess I have 7 weeks until I find out if this actually happens. I'll be sure to keep you updated.
Until then, hope everyone has a great week, and hope that we are all getting into the Holiday Spirit as much as I am!
Happy Holidays!
Photobucket

No comments :