Monday, November 21, 2011

My Girl is WALKING

Yep, you read that right! My girl is FINALLY a full time walker. I am in Mamma heaven! It's just amazing....I really don't think I've seen her crawl much in the past week. She just likes walking so much better. She's looks like such a big girl too. I'm so grateful, because her 15 month appointment in on Tuesday, and I REALLY wanted her to be walking by then. I was afraid that if she wasn't, the doctor would tell us that something was wrong with her, and that we needed to get her check out or something. They have already had us get xrays taken of her hips because they thought they were crooked...all because of the rolls in her thighs not being symmetrical. I didn't know that thigh rolls needed to be symmetrical. LOL! Well, Doc...guess what...her rolls are still NOT symmetrical, and she's a GREAT walker! So THERE! Take that! LOL....
But, let me be completely honest. I know that everyone says, once they start walking, your going to wish that she wasn't....Well, sometimes I do. But a majority of the time, I'm and SO thankful that she's walking. Seriously, with all the things that I have to carry into the house when we get home at night. One less thing (a toddler) to carry, saves Mamma's arms! I just set her down, get all my (and her) bags on my shoulders, and put my finger out for her to grab, and we're on our way. She climbs up our little 2 stair porch, holds onto my leg while I unlock the house, and BOOM! We're in! It's pretty darn awesome. There are times when a car drives by, and she gets distracted, and stops to look, and falls on her butt, but girls gets right back up without skipping a beat, and we're on our way again.
It's especially cool when our neighbors are outside with there son, who is just 6 weeks older then Chloe. He's been a walker for far longer then Chloe has been. But now, when he's outside playing, we can take Chloe out and they can play together. She loves it! And Mamma and Daddy get to get outside and talk to the Adults for a little while. It's pretty darn cool. And, when we move, I'll miss them! They are some pretty neat people. 
Now, Shadow (our kitty cat baby) She's been a total rock star about Chloe walking. She's not made one false move toward Chloe. When she bugs her, or grabs her tail, or tries to chase her, Shadow just walks away with her tail held high. It's pretty awesome. We were blessed with a pretty cool cat! I'm so Thankful for that!
And one last thought....Footed PJ's are SOOO much cute on a walking toddler!


Photobucket

No comments :