Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Ink

Since ya'll know pretty much everything else about me, I thought I would fancy you with a post about my tattoos. I have 4! One on my foot, (a frog) one on my back, (what they call a tramp stamp) one on my right ribs (my daughters name and birth date) and one on my left wrist. (3 7's for my wedding anniversary)
So, I will give you a little run down of how each one came to mind and became reality.
So first up...the frog on my left foot. My maiden name is Leap. So my family has an obsession with frogs. My sister got a tat on her foot of a lizard due to get childhood nickname being Lizard. My Dad gave us girls nicknames....she got the cute one. Mine is Worm. When I mentioned that I wanted to get a tattoo to represent my family, they all suggested a "cute worm" I said "NO WAY!!" Nothing about worms is cute!! NOTHING. So I figured I'd go the other way and get a Frog. It would represent my family, and I knew that I would be able to find something that looked good. So I came up with this: 


And the best part was....my brother did the tattoo. He's an AMAZING artist. Not paid, just as a hobby. And he actually dipped into tattooing for a little while, and just happened to have a tattoo gun. So one day, I went to his house, and left with a fresh piece of ink on my foot. I LOVE it!!
Next up would be my "tramp stamp" This one came before my frog. I got it when I was just 18 years old. Kind of a spir of the moment thing to kind of rebel against my parents. It was right after graduation and I had gotten $100 from a family friend as a gift, so I decided that was it. I was going to get my first tattoo! My Mom didn't believe that I would do it, and wasn't very happy when I came home inked up. LOL!!  So, here is the pic of that one: 


Done in a friends basement...he did tattoos with a gun and all...just not in a parlor. LOL!
Next up, my daughters name and birth date. I wanted to get something done special for her, and didn't really know how to do it. So I just decided it would be her name and birth date on my ribs. And it would be motivation for me to get skinny again!! I won't show it bare until next summer (hopefully about 20 lbs lighter) So this one was done on her 6 month "birthday". Hurt like a MoFO!! I wasn't expecting that...but I guess that's what I get for getting it on my ribs....OUCH!


And then, last but not least my wrist. This one is 3 7's in white ink on my left wrist. Nothing big, just very simple. I didn't want something that was going to be really out there, and I didn't want like black ink on my wrist. So white ink just seemed like the way to go. Took less them 5 minutes for the whole thing to be done, but it was the most painful 5 minutes of my life. Even worse then the one on my ribs I think. And that one only took like 25 minutes to complete. So, here is the wrist.


So, whatcha think?? Ya like? I do plan on getting more...next in line will probably be on the top of my right shoulder. It will be "I am who I am" in cursive writing. That will  be to represent me being adopted, and just to make it clear that no matter where I came from, who raised me, who gave birth to me, I will always be me....myself and true to me. I don't want to be that girl with tattoos all over...not that I don't think girls that have them are bad....I think that they look awesome. That just isn't me. Every one that I get will be hidden, and only visible when I want them to be.


Photobucket

No comments :